Jullie Gray began her career in healthcare working in a primary care practice. Here the roots of listening and caring for families were nurtured, informing her studies in social work, and eventually as an Aging Life Care Professional™. A trained and licensed clinical social worker, Jullie combines over three decades of experience working in diverse healthcare settings with her passion for working with older adults and their families.
Her professional background is diverse: she managed a geriatric medical clinic; led an emergency room social work department; and has worked in hospice care, acute care hospitals, inpatient psychiatry, outpatient medical clinics and nursing homes. These rich experiences led her to recognize that while we are living longer, we might not be living better. When she discovered care management, it provided answers and a better way to help older adults and their families navigate the challenges that often come with aging.
In 2010, she and her now business partner, Lisa Mayfield, merged their practices. Jullie’s and Lisa’s individual and collective training and experience in the aging field supports their work as versatile, dedicated and practical advocates for clients and their families. Jullie is one of the only two Fellow Certified Care Managers in Washington State (the other is her business partner Lisa Mayfield).
Aging Wisdom is an Aging Life Care™ consulting, care management and creative engagement practice that strives to bring peace of mind to families by both directly improving the quality of life for aging family members, and by providing consultation and coaching services for their families.
As a member and leader of the Aging Life Care Association, Jullie has met stringent education, experience, and certification requirements and adheres to a strict code of ethics and standards of practice.
Away from work, you’ll find Jullie spending quiet time with her husband and their dog, Gracie. She also enjoys exploring the natural beauty of the Pacific Northwest.
- Master’s, Social Work, Specialty: Healthcare, University of Washington
- Certificate in Geriatric Mental Health, University of Washington
- Bachelor’s Social Work, University of Washington
- President, Board of Directors, National Academy of Certified Care Managers,
December 2014 – Present
- Advisory member, King County, WA, Elder Abuse Council
- Member, City of Bellevue Network on Aging
- Affiliate instructor for the University of Washington’s School of Social Work
- Instructor, UW Professional & Continuing Education Certificate in Care Management program
- Advisory Board Member, UW Professional & Continuing Education Certificate in Care Management
- Past President (2013), Board of Directors, Aging Life Care Association
- Founding member of a hospital bioethics committee
- Co-wrote and produced a multi-award winning educational video about elder abuse
- Led a community campaign to prevent falls among older adultsJullie Gray CV_2019